The Big Ideas in Small Art show opened on June 21, 2019, and ran until July 7th.
A 2020 Show is being planned
All Artists | All Subjects | All Media
All Artists – established, emerging, or emeritus
All Subjects – Any subject matter 1
All Media – Work in any media (including electronic media) that can be displayed within a 10″ x 10″ x 10″ space will be accepted 2
Tentative Submission Guidelines for 2020 Show
- Artwork cannot exceed 10 inches (25 cm) in any dimension, including any frames or supports.
- Work can be 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional, but must not cover more that 10″ x 10″ of wall space – including frame (if any).
- Art must be ready to hang. Work on paper should be either mounted or framed.
- Up to four pieces may be submitted.
- All entries must include physical media, for example, a video piece would have to include a tablet to display the video. Digital images will not be printed for wall display.
- All work will be available for purchase by the public. As this exhibition is intended to provide affordable artwork to the public, the curators will in all cases be the final arbiters of sale price. Artists should not expect the retail price of their submissions to exceed $500 (Canadian currency). Proceeds of sales will be split evenly between the artist and the gallery.
- Unsold work: Artists may pick up their unsold work in person in the week after the show closes. Artists who wish to have their unsold work returned to them should contact the gallery after the show for a quote on return costs. Artists can also opt to leave the disposition of unsold artworks to the discretion of the curators.
Artists may deliver up to four small artworks directly to the Sheldon Rose Gallery. Each entry must be accompanied by artist name and complete contact info.
- Curators reserve the right to choose whether a work is suitable for public display. Submission does not guarantee acceptance for exhibition.
- New media submissions need to be self powered and “stand alone”, for example, a video piece would have to include a tablet, and the tablet must be battery powered while the work is on display. The gallery will provide overnight charging.
- Submitting artwork without the completed SUBMISSION FORM shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of its terms and conditions.